I spent a long time paying off debt. Having finally done so I decided to make some fairly radical lifestyle changes in order to live a less expensively. This is a learning experience, so I am documenting the various projects along with what I have learned and the (many) mistakes I have made along the way. Hopefully it will be useful to anyone else that is thinking of trying something similar, and will serve as an encouragement that it is possible to live comfortably with a lot less stuff and without debt.
A partial list of projects includes:
- Earth Bag Dome
- Low cost geodesic dome / greenhouse
- Aquaponic greenhouse / garden / fish farm.
- Earth bag hot-tub.
- Rocket Stove. (to heat greenhouse / dome / hot-tub)
- Composting water heater (also to heat greenhouse / dome / hot-tub)
- Mushroom farming (the legal kind)
- Wood-Gasification / Charcoal Manufacturing.
- Energy production (solar / wind / woodgas)
- Possible construction based on polyurethane pour-foam or underground shipping containers.